Frequently Asked Questions - user registration
Certain fields of the contract data can be edited by Trademark Agents.
To edit this data, navigate to "My Account" and click on "Edit Contract".
For detailed information on how to change the contract data please refer to our howto on the subject.
Please note that changing contract data will result in a revocation and regeneration of all SMD files linked to the account.
The contracting party should be the person who is entering into a contract with the Clearinghouse.
After you've submitted the registration form, the Clearinghouse has to perform two checks:
1) Check your VAT number if applicable.
2) Check you are not on the Specially Designated Nationals list (SDN list)
PLEASE NOTE: these checks can take up to 48 hours. You will receive an email confirmation immediately afterwards.
- You can submit your query through the general inquiries contact form.
No, you do not need to be an ICANN accredited registrar to register with the Clearinghouse.
We refer to the provision as laid down in the Terms and Conditions for Agents as published on our website.
- Fill out the Trademark Agent application form on our secured website https://secure.trademark-clearinghouse.com . This link will be accessible once the Clearinghouse has launched on March 26.
- The Clearinghouse will verify the data you entered:
- Check your VAT number if applicable
- If step 2 was successful, you will receive a confirmation e-mail, containing your user name and temporary password.
- The first time you login, we ask you to choose a new and final password to replace the temporary one. You can now download two documents:
- - your personalized Trademark Agent contract. Please print and sign this and then upload it again.
- Once we’ve received the signed contract as well as the prepayment deposit, you’re ready to go!
*As part of its enforcement efforts, The US Office of Foreign Assets Control publishes a list of individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, targeted countries. It also lists individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under programs that are not country-specific. Collectively, such individuals and companies are called "Specially Designated Nationals" or "SDNs." Their assets are blocked and U.S. persons are generally prohibited from dealing with them.
Please note that before you receive your credentials, we have to check whether you appear on the SDN list (Specially Designated Nationals). This could take up to 48 hours to complete.
The terms and conditions will be final. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions then you will not be able to complete the registration process.